Sticky Note

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bake-Even Strips

If you read further on my entry about my nephew's birthday cake, you would know by now that my oven does not work properly since then. Baking cupcakes is fine probably because they are smaller in size thus, it doesn't really leave a significant impact. But if i were to bake larger cakes, they wouldn't rise accordingly even after i turn the pan the other way round after half baking time. They still result in my cake being slightly lopsided if not at all. I was already considering to get a new oven, planning on building a cabinet just for this purpose and to stuff in my baking apparatus and what not until i discovered the 'Bake-Even Strip'. I tried it for the first time to bake for the PIBG cake and hey, it worked like a charm! (though i still have to turn the pan this time but still it helps).

They are sold in a pack of 2s and 4s. The price of 2 strips is about RM45 and RM90+ for the 4s. I'll settle for this at the moment as opposed to having to spend RM5000 for a new oven and a built in cabinet :)


(please don't be alarmed by the colour of the cakes in the photos above. The strip does not alter the colour of your cake. The one in the oven is a buttercake while the one that is done is a chocolate cake. I just forgot to take a before photo of the choc cake :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment