Sticky Note

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What's with 8th January?

This is a non-current post. By 8th January, i meant the 8th day of 2011. Yes, it has been that long! (same goes with the last post, and i still have some stuff laying on the shelf!).

So back to 8th January 2010, I received FOUR orders for that particular date and i felt bad that i had to say NO to the rest but 1. First off, it's due to time constraints. I know, i know.. tell me what's new, right? I was going to go on a break from baking until i get things settled down a bit with my other business but i had to oblige for one particular order when it was for a close cousin's engagement.

But to be fair, and before you accuse me of any favouritism or nepotism, he had asked FIRST. So there. I could have made it for at least another order but the thing is, i also had to go for a short trip to Kuching on 8th Jan too hence, it was the only one commissioned being accepted. A thousand apologies. Turning down orders isn't the best feeling in the world. I think one person was even kind of pissed with me too! ;'(

I was told to make a small hantaran cake since it will be transported via air all the way to Kelantan. White was the chosen colour, the rest was up to me.

I had to opt for a store-bought sugar flowers despite having attended a class for this particular reason because some scum decided to smash my car window for the new year's eve celebration and left me crippled with no car for some time to do the necessary shopping and prepping and that had successfully killed my spirit to produce my own peonies. Thank goodness the cousin and mum of the groom-to-be were okay with that.

Congratulations to Hisham & Sabrina!





I had to flatten the petals to fit into the box for transport (top pix). 



cornelli lace that i wanted to do for my wedding cake in the Wilton class.  Also did some crimping on this one too.




























No comments:

Post a Comment