Sticky Note

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wedding bells

Here's an old (and i mean old) wedding-themed cake i had made for the graduation of my Wilton Class in 2010. I wanted to make a brush embroidery cake (inspired by Toba Garret) and finish it off with a cornelli lace on the base but as usual, time in class was never enough! Can you guess which one's mine?? :D

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



I thought i was playing it safe with a 2-tier cake - the lesser the tiers, the lesser the decoration and more time at hands, right? Wrong. It seems that the tiers weren't the only thing that sets me back from time... i guess the techniques i chose was a bit too ambitious... or i might just as well admit that i'm just too slow at making intricate works (but didn't they say good works need longer time??? :p). I only managed a brush embroidery for only 1 flower, ONE!! I had no time for the cornelli lace at all and i forgot to bring my ribbon for the border on top of that too! Great! :"( 



Wilton roses made from scratch.
I have always loved pastels....

Ah well, that didn't stop me from graduating.. so what? Hehehe. Here's a snapshot with my fellow course mates and our sweet instructor, Lay.

No comments:

Post a Comment