Sticky Note

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Trading men with little birds

You know a person is skeptical of your work when he or she insisted on pictures or a sample before ordering. Well, i don't blame them. I want my cake to turn out beautifully for my functions too! I would also be nervous to find out that it would be something that was never been done before. But most of my customers are my close friends/relatives who trusts me so, i'm very grateful.

Back to the story, my aunt wanted cuppies for the grandson's aqiqah ceremony. She had at first asked for the Mr. Men & Little Miss cupcakes (50 pieces) after viewing my blog. And i know that that would require A LOT of time and a whole lot of work. I almost cried blood making that the last time! But it was for a specific MMLM themed party. And not to say that my aunt would not pay for all the pain, but i was thinking of how to break it gently to her that i did not have the time, if she could be nice enough to let me change the theme since she said she just wanted something "pretty" for the kids. Cantik was her exact word. Pressure was already mounting right after hearing that.

In the end i finally gathered enough courage to nicely ask if i could change it to something else. I was anxious for her reply, knowing that she lacks in the confidence area. But when she said ok and included the word "sayang" in her reply i went right ahead with the prep! No looking back! Haha. She asked if it was my first set of angry birds during delivery and when i replied yes, she said, "Nasib baik jadi!"

Now, the reason why i had to make the change is, MMLM each has unique hair, different limbs, accessories etc. So it involves lots and lots and lots of colours, cutting and shaping and what not. Unless of course, only a few characters were selected for the MMLM. The angry birds on the other hand is simpler because one, they have lesser character (although, i avoid the green pigs to steer away from any issues.. heheh), and two, i could use the same body parts for the different characters - so less moulding process and less colours involved too. So dear aunt, if you're reading this i hope you understand and happy for the not-so-happy birds. If it helps, they cost lesser too ;) But thank you  for the opportunity and most of all, for the vote of confidence! Hehehe.

Apparently the blue birds are not so popular. The red ones were almost gone by the time i wanted to take a picture at the cupcake stand.
I am currently waiting for some pictures from the host. Was rushing out after i was done with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment