Sticky Note

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Silicone rolling mat

I have to say, having the right tools (and of course, knowing how to use them) is vital. The silicone rolling mat is my recent important purchase.

Silicone rolling mat by Sugar Impression.
A good investment.

I'm not sure if there are other similar ones out there apart from the Wilton wheel but this, my friends is essential for working with fondants. I decided to get one (even when that means burning a hole in the pocket) as i find the Wilton wheel - which i got it from my Course 3, doesn't really do the job in making the friend's butterfly cake and after experienced hell when i was doing the cousin's animal themed cake without one of these.

You still have to dust good when rolling fondant, but it makes the job much, much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment