Sticky Note

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Covering Course 3

Some of the things we did in Course 3.
Clockwise: Royal icing flowers (lily, morning glory, primrose & poinsettia),
Ruffle garland, Brush embroidery and Drop string aka swags & overlapping drop string that are quite scary to do.

Also in the syllabus are covering and adorning a 6" square mock cake with fondant, making the Wilton roses - also in fondant (will post the pixes soon), and learning the tiered cake construction in which we will apply in our next lesson (the last one, yay!). We will have to bring 2 tiered wedding cakes/mock ups covered with fondant to be decorated and assembled in the 2-hour class.

I am currently out of town and will only be back 2 days before class, so I honestly hope i can manage. I want to make an effort but at the same time, time will not be on my side so i guess, i will have to think of a design that is interesting yet not too complicated. Well, good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment