Sticky Note

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ICCA Cake Competition result

Here are the results from the First Cake Competition held by ICCA last week. I can't say much on the cakes, though as i didn't get to see them up close.

1st prize: Shahril Shamsuddin
I actually came across his blog before and had noticed his impressive works and this just proves how skilled he truly is. For close ups visit Shahril's blog here.

He has more than 10 years of experience designing cakes and has entered and won a number of cake competitions. He also conducts cake-deco & sugarcraft classes. I see myself taking one of his lessons soon.. heheh..

2nd prize:
Not sure who this belongs to. I think it was the tallest cake there.
Stunning.

3rd prize:
I didn't really see this one when i was there.
I like the colour contrast and brush embroidery. The stringwork looks flawless too.

*******

Top 5 of Highly commended by the judges:

I love this piece! Even from afar..
Very pretty.

I can't really comment on this one as i couldn't see the cornelli and delicate works on the cake..
But the sugarflowers look great!

One of my favourite ones at the competition. Love the stenciling on the board and intricate stringwork and lacework.
(Me and mum are such big fans of Black & White)
I was on my toes trying to get a closer look.

and this.. simply impressive. Looks like a lot of work! I loved it!
(Hubby not a fan, but what does he know..)

This is by my sifu, Paige Fong.
I didn't see it too, as it was facing the other side. Her orchids are needless to say, lovely as ever.
I may be biased, but her sugarcraft is always impressive.

*******

I also noticed this interesting cake even it was placed in the middle section. It was done by the youngest entrant. A 12 year old!
The cake was commended by the judges too.
Salute!


.. and here are some others that caught my attention.. Well, as far as the eyes could see.. mostly were near to where i was standing, of course.

love the painting.

Very detailed. Remind me to enroll in a brush embroidery class, will you?

Loving the drapery. The red fondant looks like real fabric.
Very nice.

*photos courtesy of MCDC
*******

Oh hey, i totally forgot that there was a Teen Category. I must have omitted because it was held the next day and i was not able to go see. Sorry about that.

Here's the winner, Nicole with her winning cake creation (her mum is crazy talented too!). The theme was GO GREEN. Congratulations!


** photos via passionate cakes (the mum's blog)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Azra,

    Thanks for featuring my "Black Lace" wedding cake... the Black & White one.

    The peacock cake is by my friend, Norashikin Basiron.

    Cheers! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline! I love your cake! And your friend's too! They are beautiful! And you guys are so talented! I just wished i could have gotten a closer look....

    ReplyDelete